Tipton County Adult Day/Respite Service
The Tipton County Adult Day/Respite Service, also known as “Helen’s House,” is a social model adult day program.
The purpose of the Tipton County Adult Day/Respite Service is threefold:
- To provide older adults an opportunity to get out of the house and receive both mental and social stimulation
- To provide significant periods of respite for family caregivers
- To delay institutionalization (nursing home) for the care recipient
Are Adult Day Services for You?
- Do you care for a frail elder who is experiencing decline such as dementia, Alzheimer’s disease or stroke?
- Do you worry about your loved ones safety at home alone?
- Do you need a safe and stimulating environment for your loved one while you continue employment, carry out other responsibilities or simply take a much needed break?
- Do you worry about the health of your loved one?
- Do you want help to be able to keep your loved one at home for as long as possible?
If you answer yes to any of the above questions, ADRS will benefit both you and your loved one.
Let us share your commitment to a safe and nurturing environment close to home.
“Helen’s House” is located inside the Covington Senior Center at 401 S. College Street (at Church Street). Hours of operation are Monday, Wednesday & Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Program Cost is $35.00 per day
How do I make a referral or enroll?
Referrals are accepted from all sources – Typically the family caregiver makes the phone call.
- Referrals may be made from 8 am – 2 pm, Monday thru Friday. A pre-enrollment packet will be provided on request.
- Certification of a physician of a diagnosis of dementia along with a functional assessment of each applicant is required.
- A functional assessment is performed during the pre-enrollment visit of applicant and primary caregiver at the ADRS offices at TCCA.
- To make a referral, call Darlene at 476-1068.
For more information, or to enroll, call Nicole at 901-476-1068